Thursday, August 12, 2010

Postcards Home

From: Lio's Camp for Females
Niejli Empire
Pumathil
Message 1 [3264/7/16/23.12]

Mom,

Come get me. This place is horrible. I’m the only human here. Besides one of the counselors. He’s nice but still, I have no one to hang out with and all the Kimarans and Giltus keep making fun of me. I’m in this stupid cabin out in the freaking wilderness. I’m the only one who doesn’t breathe CO2 so I have to wear this air converter on my face all day! It’s cold and humid and it’s nasty. And I had this purple bug in my bed this morning. The Kimarans said it was harmless but I don’t want to get back into that bed tonight. Supposedly we’re going to have this hike somewhere later this week and the Kimarans keep telling me to be worried and its one of the hardest climbs in the Myani Mountain range. I can’t do this. Please come get me.
Sarah

From: Lio's Camp for Females
Niejli Empire
Pumathil
Message 2 [3264/7/17/22.46]

Mom,
I hate this place. The Kimarans keep picking on me and Counselor Arvid can’t be here the whole time. The really bad one is Mac’Tu, a big Kimaran, almost an adult she says. I don’t know enough about them but she looks like a big blue Ostrich. She’s stupid and mean. I want to go home. The big hike is the day after tomorrow and everyone will call me names if I don’t go. I’ve never gone on a hike before, even on Earth. Who knows what the mountains on Pumathil are like? They could be huge! I really don’t like being here can you Please cone and get me? I really miss you and Daddy and Elisabeth. I hope she is having fun. I want at least one of us to be enjoying herself.
Sarah

From: Lio's Camp for Females
Niejli Empire
Pumathil
Message 3 [3264/7/19/23.01]

Mom,
Counselor Arvid told me yesterday that I shouldn’t sweat the small stuff. The mountain was tiny. It was like a really tall hill. There weren’t even any rocks! The Kimarans were all whining the entire time. They didn’t believe me when I told them that I lived on hills bigger than their mountain. I even showed them the picture of the house, you know, from the side yard. They were all amazed. Mac’Tu has shut up now and one of her friends, a Molan named Reem (as far as I can understand) and I are hanging out. She found out that this stuff she uses, I think it’s like sunscreen, which keeps all the bugs away. It’s not poisonous either; I made sure to ask Arvid about it. I’m actually looking forward to the lake trip tomorrow, Reem says the water is much warmer than the air and it should be comfortable for me. I’m supposed to take this pill before I get in the water though. Some safety thing. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.
Sarah

From: Lio's Camp for Females
Niejli Empire
Pumathil
Message 4 [3264/7/20/22.57]

Mom,
I wish I could stay here longer. Once you get used to the air it’s actually not bad. You don’t sweat much. Mac’Tu has gotten nicer, Reem is awesome, and Counselor Arvid is really cool. He’s got this atmo-surfing vehicle that we were able to ride on. I can’t believe that I’ll be heading home tomorrow. I’ll miss Reem too. She lives on Gilcanon which isn’t too far from Earth, do you think maybe she could come over some time? I’d share my room. She is really nice. Anyway, Arvid is taking us out to a restaurant in the nearest town thing. He says it has some Human meals too so I’m looking forward to eating with everyone else. Maybe I could even taste some of their food; As long as Arvid says its safe. See you soon!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment